Music of Edward Lear
Music from the famed poet, performed in the Great Hall followed by two course meal.
- Booking essential
Music from the famed painter, naturalist and once Ightham Mote visitor. Edward Lear was best known for his literary nonsense and limericks, while also being one of the finest natural history illustrators of his era.
A concert of Lear’s words and music, performed by acclaimed pianist David Owen Norris and rising star baritone Edward Robinson in the Great Hall.
The concert includes and is followed by a two course meal in the Mote Café, there are also drinks included on arrival.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet for drinks (included in the ticket) at the Mote Café at 6.30pm.
- What to bring and wear
- Please note, no high heel shoes can be worn in the house.
- The Great Hall is on the ground floor of the house. Please note there is a 1in5 surfaced slope down from visitor reception through the gardens to the house.
- Writer and academic Dr Sara Lodge at University of St Andrews, conducted the first study to consider Edward Lear’s works, unearthing a trove of music not widely known. With funding from University of St Andrews Knowledge Exchange Fund, she has organised to bring Lear’s words and music to a wider audience through a small series of concerts. Edward Lear enjoyed staying at Ightham Mote while he visited and worked with Prideaux Selby. It is fitting that this should then be one of two National Trust properties linked to Lear that hosts one of these special concerts. Performing in concert are David Norris and Edward Robinson. Norris has worked at the Royal Opera House, appeared at the Proms and presented on BBC Radio 4. He is a professor at the Royal Academy of Music and University of Southampton. Robinson is studying for his Master of Music PgD, tutored under internationally acclaimed baritone Quentin Hayes. He is a has performed extensively in opera productions and as a soloist.
|13 October 2019||19:00 - 22:00||Available|