1 Compton Farm CottagesNewport, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Preferred changeover day Thursday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001019
About 1 Compton Farm CottagesA farm worker’s cottage a short walk from Compton Bay and with views of chalky cliffs and grazing cows.
Wake up to idyllic views of rolling countryside at 1 Compton Farm. It’s one in a pair of former farm workers’ cottages that perch on the edge of a down. It’s just a short stroll to one of the most beautiful beaches on the Isle of Wight, Compton Bay.
Don’t forget to pack your wetsuit as Compton Bay and nearby Freshwater are renowned surfing spots on the island. But if you’d prefer to stay dry, walking routes will lead you in all directions from the front door. Pick up the Butterfly Walk for a glimpse of the Adonis Blue that inhabits the chalk ridges.
You could walk further along the headlands for views of natural spectacle, The Needles and the secret rocket testing site that lies above. Mottistone Manor Gardens are just a five minute drive from the cottage.
Why book with us?
- Unrivalled locations
- Free entry to our places
- Award-winning customer service
- Help us care for nature, beauty and history
Our Covid promise
- Postpone or refund with no admin fee
- Enhanced cleaning regime
- Discover more about our Covid promise
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* not available
- Open fire / wood burner not available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView accessibility guide (PDF 1099 KB)
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
Heating: Electric radiator heating included.
Parking: There is parking for one car at the front of the cottage. There is also a National Trust car park adjacent to the cottage.
Garden: The garden surrounding the cottages is shared. There is a small seating area at the front of the cottage.
Access: A handrail has been fitted as the stairs are steep.
Utilities: The washing machine and tumble dryer are a combined washer/dryer.
Television: Television and DVD player are provided but there is no TV reception. Visitors may wish to bring their own DVDs.
Telephone: Mobile reception around the cottage is poor.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Please note: In these small cottages, the size of the hot water tank is limited. You will need to allow at least half an hour for the water to reheat after a bath or shower. The hot water is set on constant and the temperature is set to the maximum permitted.
Please be aware that cattle sometimes graze in the field adjacent.