Your guide to fishing at Blickling Estate
Blickling fishing season runs from 16 June - 15 March each year. Visitors of all ages and abilities come here to fish in the lake, where you’ll find an abundance of bream, pike and carp. Read this helpful information to make the most of your fishing trip with us.
- The lake will be open until dusk or 9.30pm – whichever is earlier
- You’re welcome to fish from the dam or one of the fishing platforms. These can be found on the east bank of the lake and one on the west bank, close to the dam end
- Night fishing is prohibited – for your own safety, please leave the lake by dusk
- We ask that boilies and live bait are not used and that you do not pre-bait or ground bait the lake
- Please don’t keep fish in keep nets or sacks and ensure that all fish are landed using a landing net and unhooking mat
- Only use barbless hooks and refrain from using bolt rigs
- You can use up to two rods, but please don’t leave them unattended. You’ll also need a valid Environment Agency rod licence
- Please respect other park users by keeping the paths clear and taking any litter or unused bait home with you.
Season tickets are priced at £95 for adults and £60 for concessions* and must be bought in advance from the Estate Barn in the main car park.
We accept card or cash payments.
You are no longer able to buy a ticket from the bailiff.
These are priced at £7 for adults and £5 for concessions* and must be bought from the pay and display machine in Fisherman’s car park.
The machine accepts coins only.
Parking is free for National Trust members, however, there is a £5 day rate for non-members.
Please remember, the machine accepts coins only.
Include under 16 years, over 65 years and Blue Badge holders.
For more information on fishing at Blickling Estate, please contact the Countryside team on 01263 738030.
There's much more to Blickling Estate than its famous house. Covering 4,600 acres with 950 acres of woodland and parkland and 3,500 acres of farmland, Blickling Estate is great for exploring alone, with family or your four-legged friends.
Blickling is a three pawprint rated place. The parkland is the perfect place to take your dog for a walk. Read our guide on how to make the most of your visit together.