Sustainable travel in Warwickshire
- 15 August 2023
Whether you’re looking to travel by train, bus, bike or foot. Plan your day out in Warwickshire using greener travel options.
Travel by bus
- Charlecote - Take the Stagecoach 15 service between Stratford-upon-Avon at Warwick, alight at the Charlecote Phesant Hotel which is a short walk from the car park.
- Coughton Court - Is on Stagecoach 26 bus tour from Stratford-upon-Avon to Redditch, the bus stops opposite the visitor entrance.
- Packwood House - Regular service from Birmingham to Stratford-upon-Avon, alight at Hockley Heath, 1.5 miles from Packwood.
- Upton House and Gardens - Take the Stagecoach 76 service between Banbury - Stratford, alight at Ratley, a 1 mile walk from the entrance.
Nearby railway stations
Don’t forget to plan your onward journey from the train station.
- Charlecote - The nearest train station is Stratford-upon-Avon (5 miles), taxi services are available.
- Packwood House – The nearest train stations are Lapworth (1.5 miles) or Birmingham International (8 miles), taxis are available.
- Baddesley Clinton – The nearest train stations are Lapworth (1.5 miles) or Birmingham International (9 miles), taxis are available.
- Upton House and Gardens – The nearest station is Banbury (7 miles), taxis are available.
- Coughton Court – The nearest train station is Redditch (6 miles), taxis are available.
The National Cycle Network (NCN) is a UK-wide network of signed paths and routes, ideal if you’re looking to reach places by bike.
- Charlecote - NCN42.
- Upton House and Gardens - NCN5 is within 5 miles, the Oxfordshire Cycle Way is within 1.5 miles.
- Coughton Court - NCN5 is within 1 mile.
Arriving by foot
- Packwood House – the Millenium Way crosses the parkland.
- Baddesley Clinton – is on the Heart of England Way.
- Upton House and Gardens - footpath SM177 runs adjacent to the property, Centenary Way is within 1/2 a mile and the Macmillan Way is within 1 mile.
- Coughton Court - Arden Way passes close by.