Mottistone Manor FarmhouseNewport, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 14
- Bedrooms 7
- Preferred changeover day Wednesday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 2
- Acorn rating 5 What's this?
- Reference 001027
About Mottistone Manor FarmhouseA beautifully restored farmhouse with plenty of space for the whole family and a large garden.
Gather family and friends for a memorable stay in this large seven-bedroom farmhouse. Carefully restored to preserve the spirit of the place and its 18th-century features, each room invites you to explore its heritage.
Spacious bedrooms, two sitting rooms and a large dining table make it perfect for those special family occasions. But if it all gets a bit too hectic, you can enjoy a moment of peace in its lawned garden with sea views in the distance.
There are plenty of opportunities for surfing, walking, swimming and even fossil hunting on the Isle of Wight’s dinosaur coastline. Compton Bay and Brook beach are both a five minute drive from here.
Why book with us?
- Unrivalled locations
- Free entry to our places
- Award-winning customer service
- Help us care for nature, beauty and history
Our Covid promise
- Postpone or refund with no admin fee
- Enhanced cleaning regime
- Discover more about our Covid promise
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer available
- Telephone available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Not accessibleView accessibility guide (PDF 753 KB)
Entrance hall, small sitting room, dining room, large sitting room, kitchen, utility room, lavatory and one twin bedroom with en-suite shower room.View Floor plan (PDF 171 KB)
Three double bedrooms (one with 6’ bed, two with 5’ beds one of which has an en-suite bathroom), three twin bedrooms, bathroom with bath and large shower cubicle, and two further shower rooms.View Floor plan (PDF 160 KB)
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
Heating: Air source heating is included.
Parking: Available for up to six cars. Three spaces to the side of the main entrance and three spaces to the far side of the cottage.
Garden: There is a large lawned garden with well stocked borders.
Logs/charcoal: Additional logs can be purchased in advance through the contact centre. Logs are £6.00 per bag or £25 for unlimited access to the log store.
*WiFi: This is now available, but please note that intermittent connection problems can sometimes occur and should not be relied upon. We are pleased to provide free WiFi at this cottage which is supported by BT.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Please note: There is outdoor bike storage.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Similar places to stay
The perfect get-together pad with seven bedrooms, a large garden and miles of parkland walks.
Stay in the west wing of Lytes Cary Manor within the Arts and Crafts inspired garden.
Gather your family or friends and stay in this unique Grade I listed manor house on the edge of the rolling Cotswolds countryside.