Family activities at Smallhythe Place
Discover what's on offer for families throughout our open season.
- Easter Egg Hunts (24 March - 1 April)
- Join us for an Easter trail inspired by Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream! £3 per trail. Please note we are closed Mondays & Tuesdays (except Monday 1 April).Find out more here
- Meet the Archaeologists (May - September)
- Bring along your budding archaeologists to meet members of our archaeology team every other Sunday from May.Find out more here
- Festival of Archaeology: 'Smallfest' (Sat 13 & Sun 14 July)
- Join us for a celebration of archaeology at Smallhythe Place as part of the nationwide Festival of Archaeology!Find out more here
- Take centre stage
- Dress up in costume and act like the great Divas of old under the cow byre.
- Summer sports
- In the summer months, why try your hand at badminton on the tennis lawn or a game of croquet?
Discover this charming cottage garden surrounding the house, with borders packed full of flowers, an orchard underplanted with bulbs and roses tumbling over the front of the house.
Join the volunteer team at Smallhythe Place working to preserve and share the story of actor Ellen Terry’s historic home.