Visiting Birling Gap - what you need to know
Birling Gap car park is open so our visitors can access fresh air, open space and nature. As we adjust to the lifting of restrictions we are still managing the effects of the pandemic. This means that we may not be able to offer our full range of facilities and services every day. The information below will help you plan your visit. Please follow the usual social distancing guidelines at all times.
The car parks at Birling Gap are now open and are very busy. Pay & display parking charges at Birling Gap are: £1.50 for up to 1 hour; £3 for up to 2 hours; £5 for more than 2 hours. Payment is by cash at machines on site or using the Pay by Phone app. Note: There is minimal mobile signal at Birling Gap, free WiFi can be picked up outside the cafe where Pay By Phone instructions are displayed. National Trust members, motorcycles and Blue Badge holders park free. National Trust members should scan their membership cards at the machine and collect the ticket to display in their car. Pre-booking a car parking space in advance of your visit is not possible. There are limited parking options for coaches and these are only available on a first come basis.
Our outside toilet block is open and operating as normal, including our accessible toilet. There may also be queues for these facilities due to increased visitor numbers during the summer season. please ensure that you plan your visit accordingly as there may be a wait for these facilities and they will be locked at night. We would encourage you to continue wearing a face mask when using these facilities. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Our cafe at Birling Gap is serving a reduced range of takeaway hot and cold drinks and some light snacks. We've introduced new safety measures including closure of our seating areas, screens at our tills and collections points, and waymarked one way routes. We'll also only be accepting card payments. We look forward to welcoming you back and know that you'll support us to make this a safe experience for everyone. For more information please visit our 'Refreshments at Birling Gap' article.
Our shop is now open and welcoming customers as usual - please see our homepage for opening times.
Access to the beach is now open. We’re asking everyone to follow government guidance to support social distancing and this also applies when using the steps to visit the beach..
There is a drinking water fountain located on the outside wall of the cafe.
The visitor centre is now open and welcoming visitors - please see our homepage for opening times.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit
- We would encourage our visitors to continue to wear masks when in our buildings and in crowded areas.
- Scan the NHS Test & Trace QR codes on te entrance doors if you are able.
- Give everyone plenty of space, including our staff and volunteers.
- Sanitise your hands when on site - dispensers can be found throughout the buildings.
- We cannot offer a first aid service to or visitors at this time.
- Take extra care to respect local residents and other visitors. Please don’t park on roadsides, as this can block essential emergency access.
- By sticking to paths, keeping dogs under control, not approaching wildlife and taking any litter home, we can ensure our places benefit both people and nature.