Old Church LodgeIsle Of Wight, Isle Of Wight
- Guests 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Preferred changeover day Friday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 1
- Acorn rating 3 What's this?
- Reference 001013
About Old Church LodgeA pretty Victorian cottage in its own walled garden, within walking distance to the beach.
A church-like entrance porch invites you in to this two-bedroom Victorian stone cottage. The living room is centred towards a log-burning stove and the newly refurbished kitchen offers a bright space for cooking.
It sits within its own walled garden with a shady patio area to the rear and is within walking distance to the beach and village of St Helens Duver. Here you’ll be able to explore its sand dunes, rock pools and coastal woods.
A 10 minute drive to the south will take you to the island’s only surviving windmill, Bembridge and a little further still will see you at Culver Downs, a chalk down with magnificent seascapes.
Availability & book
- Selected dates
- Changeover day
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* not available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
Ground floor facilitiesView accessibility guide (PDF 719 KB)
Kitchen, sitting/dining room with open fire, two bedrooms (one double and one twin), shower room. Utility room accessed from outside the cottage.
Notes for guests
Access: The accessibility guide is for guidance only. For up to date photos, please see the images on the webpage.
Heating: Gas central heating included.
Parking: Parking available for two cars next to the cottage.
Garden: An enclosed garden surrounds the cottage.
Access: The bedroom and bathroom are on the ground floor but the cottage may not be suitable for wheelchair users.
Logs/charcoal: Additional logs can be purchased in advance through the contact centre. Logs are £6.00 per bag or £25 for unlimited access to the log store.
Offers: Guests will have free access (during opening hours) to all Isle of Wight National Trust properties. Please take your holiday confirmation invoice as proof of eligibility to gain entry.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde
Dogs: Please note that for bookings taken from 2nd September 2019 onwards, one dog will be accepted at this cottage.
Please note: Due to the remote location of this cottage, mobile signal is weak and can be intermittent.
Similar places to stay
One half of a pair of farm workers’ cottages close to Compton Bay close to the best surfing spots.
A large private garden and roses tumbling across its stone front make this cottage a stunning place to stay.