A brew with benefits at Aira Force
Safe in the knowledge that your purchase will contribute to our conservation work in Ullswater, you can relax, treat yourself to something tasty and enjoy the very view you’re helping to protect.
Aira Force Tea Room
Romping around the countryside can be tiring work so make sure you stop, rest and admire the view on the terrace at our tea room during your visit. We've some tasty treats to restore your energy levels.
What's on the menu:
- Sandwich and soup selection - made fresh everyday
- Tray bakes, cakes and scones
- Crisps, nuts, biscuits, fruit, confectionery and ice creams
- Freshly ground coffee and Lakeland Tea specially blended to complement the soft water of the Lake District
- Fruit teas, herbal infusions and hot chocolate
- Fruit juices, sparkling and still water, fruit cartons, fizzy cans, presses and traditional bottled drinks
Kiosk & Shop
If you just want to grab something and get on your way then head straight for our kiosk and shop in the main Aira Force car park, where we have hot & cold drinks, snacks and ice cream for sale.
Bring a picnic
Whether it’s for a quick snack, a flask of hot soup, or a full-on feast we’ve got some fantastic picnic spots. Our favourite is the glade at Aira Force, the trees of the pinetum seem even taller when you’re lying on a picnic blanket!
Thanks for your support
Aira Force was originally designed for a very few people to enjoy but now over a quarter of a million people come to share in its special qualities every year. National Trust Rangers work hard to keep the unique experience that has been enjoyed for hundreds of years, but also ensure that the landscape doesn’t suffer.
The money we make from our tea room, kiosk and welcome building will enable us to continue caring for Aira Force and Ullswater for years to come.