Visiting Woolsthorpe: what you need to know
We’re excited to welcome you back. Safety remains our priority and we have measures in place. Advance booking for visits helps us keep everyone safe and socially distanced. You’ll need to book your visit in advance through our website or by calling 0344 249 1895.
How to book
The safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors remains our priority and we urge you to book your visits in advance. Every Friday we release new bookings for visits the following week.
- Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don't need a ticket.
- You'll need to choose a time for your tour on the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your tour. Please arrive in good time.
- Bookings are for your use only and are not available for resale.
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Changing your booking
If your plans change and you can’t make your timeslot, you can easily change or cancel your booking. We really appreciate you doing this as soon as possible so the tickets can be made available for other visitors.
If you’re a member, the option to cancel or change your booking can be found in your confirmation email by selecting ‘view and manage your order online' underneath your order summary.
For non-members, please ring us on 0344 249 1895 to discuss changing your booking.
- In line with government guidelines, you're required to wear a face covering in indoor places unless you're exempt, so please bring one with you.
- When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by a member of the team, please have your ticket ready either on your phone or a printed copy. If you’re a member, you’ll also need to show your membership card.
- If you have booked a ticket, please note this is the time of your tour. Please arrive in good time. If you arrive late for your timeslot, we can’t guarantee you'll be able to join the tour.
- If you arrive without a ticket, please head to the visitor reception and our staff will be happy to advise you.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here, which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
You’ll find sinks for hand washing at the toilets in the courtyard and find hand sanitiser in our café and on entry to the site. Please follow the safety signage and system.
If you’re showing any symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit.
Manor house: 11am – 5pm, Thursday - Monday, by booked tour only.
Garden: 11am – 5pm, Thursday - Monday.
Science Discovery Centre: 11am – 5pm, Thursday - Monday.
Toilets: 11am – 5pm, Thursday - Monday. Located in the courtyard. Accessible toilets and baby changing available.
Newton's Barn coffee shop: 11am – 4.30pm, Thursday - Monday. A limited range of drinks and light snacks.
Goat House gift shop: 11am – 5pm, Thursday - Monday.
Second-hand bookshop: 11am – 5pm, Thursday - Monday. To help keep everyone safe, if you would like to donate any books, we kindly ask that you carry the books directly to the bookshop between 11am – 3pm. Please bring your donations in either bags or boxes that you’re happy to leave behind. We will then quarantine the books for 72 hours. Thank you for your support.
Parking: Blue badge parking available by visitor reception.
Toilets: an accessible toilet is located in the courtyard.
Due to Woolsthorpe's historic setting, areas with steep and uneven paths are included in some of the one-way systems in place.
- Please help protect nature and wildlife by taking your litter home and encouraging others to do the same.
- Registered assistance dogs only are welcome.
- There will be no first aid cover during your visit. If you require assistance, please let a member of the team know so they can coordinate an emergency response.
We’re working hard to keep Woolsthorpe Manor looking its best. But with fewer staff and volunteers to help out, things may look a little different on your visit. Please bear with us as we adjust to these challenging times.