Planning your day at Cliveden
Here are our top tips for your visit, however much time you’ve got…
If you have 2 hours…
• Take a stroll through the Japanese themed Water Garden, step across the paving stones and try to spot our resident heron.
• Amble the length of the Long Garden and delight in its playful topiary. Head there via the Fountain of Love and take in the view along the drive to the house, now a luxury hotel.
• From July – September indulge in the scents and sights of the Rose Garden.
• Grab a little pick-me-up in the Dovecote Café.
• Wonder at the views across the iconic Parterre from the South Terrace (you can also find out about the conservation work we are doing).
If you have 4 hours add these…
• Head down to the river (172 steps) to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the Thames-side paths.
• Stop for a home-cooked seasonal lunch in the Orangery Café.
• Take a moment to rest and lap up the views from the Blenheim Pavilion.
• Past the Pavilion, stroll to the Amphitheatre to take in the views over Cookham and see the spot where ‘Rule, Britannia!’ was first performed in 1740.
• Of course you must take a moment to browse our shop and pick up a memento from your day.
If you have 6 hours add these as well…
• Book a boat trip before you head down to the river for that extra special Cliveden experience.
• Print off one of our walking routes in advance and delve deep into our woodlands where there is plenty of wildlife to spot. Make sure you visit the Duke’s Seat to enjoy a unique vista of the Parterre and house.
• Visit the cinema to watch the film about Cliveden’s past and present.
• Circumnavigate the Walled Garden (the area where the Information Centre is), once the estate’s produce garden, to enjoy its stock of fruits and vegetables.
Exact timings of floral displays can vary, depending on the weather, so do give us a call on 01628 605 069 if you’re going to make a special trip.