Shopping at Sutton Hoo
Sutton Hoo is all about unearthed treasure, so whether you are looking for a sweet treat, a celebratory gift or your own special keepsake, we’ve taken great care to ensure that our shop contains the perfect find for everyone. Did you know that every penny you spend in our shop goes back into the conservation of Sutton Hoo?
Saturday - Wednesday from 24 August: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Sutton Hoo, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 3DJ
For more information please contact 01394 389709
Please note you will need a pre-booked ticket to visit the shop.
In line with government guidance visitors to our shop will be required to wear a face covering from July 24. Please bring one along with you.
The safety of staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority, therefore we will be introducing social distancing measures including:
- Where necessary, we will limit the flow of people coming into our shops to ensure they don’t get too busy.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers and colleagues to use, as well as extra cleaning products to wipe baskets.
- Protective screens at till points.
- Where possible, we will create separate entrances and exits, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other customers.
- Our staff and signs will reinforce these safety measures.
Take a piece of history home with you
We have partnered with local artisans who are bringing Sutton Hoo’s heritage and landscape to life through a bespoke range of crafts created especially for us. Inspired by the exquisite Anglo -Saxon treasures found in the Royal Burial Ground and the natural landscape that surrounds it, you can find your own treasure infused with the tale of this incredible place.
You can read some of their stories below. What better way to take the story of Sutton Hoo away with you?
You’ll also find a rich selection of your favourite goodies from seasonal National Trust ranges. There’s something for all the family including toys, books, homeware, garden essentials, scarves, jewellery, stationary, rugs and rucksacks.