Easter days out at Standen
Enjoy a day out at Standen House & Garden this Easter. There's plenty of family fun to be had with a Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt throughout the school holidays, exhibitions, egg spotting and more. From Saturday 6 to Monday 22 April 2019.
Easter holiday fun
We're celebrating Easter at Standen from Saturday 6 to Monday 22 April 2019 with Easter themed activites, woodland walks and yummy treats in the cafe. The House is open free-flow from 11am-4.30pm (last entry 4pm) whilst in the Garden the first of the tulips will be starting to appear.
Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt
Join in the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt. Become a nature detective on the 'Birds, Buds and Bee's Trail' around the grounds and gardens and claim your chocolate prize at the end. Saturday 6 to Monday 22 April, 11am-4pm. £3 per trail includes prize (normal admission applies).
Try visiting mid-week
Our Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt is on for two weeks so if you'd prefer to avoid the queues we recommend visiting on a week day outside of the Bank Holiday weekend (19-22 April)
What else can we do at Standen?
Once you’ve finished hunting, you could explore our natural play area at the top of the garden, which provides a good space to run, build a den and play hide and seek. Discover Bothy on Rock Top Walk, see if you can find birds and bugs or make a trail with sticks. You can also visit the house and try and spot as many eggs as possible in our free egg spotting trail.
Still need to burn off some energy?
Explore the outdoors with one of our walks around the estate for you to enjoy. Wander through the woodland and see if you can spot the first of the spring blooms or head accross the fields on one of our longer walks.
The Barn Café will be open from 10am each morning and serving hot food and sweet treats. If the weather is nice, why not grab your lunch or even bring your own picnic and head to our picnic area which has wonderful views over the fields and of the property.
Family friendly checklist
- Baby changing facilities available
- High-chairs available in café
- Half portions and lunch boxes in café
- Picnics welcome in the picnic area near car park and around the estate
- Please note buggies are not able to be taken into the house for conservation reasons due to narrow corridors and fragile furnishing. We are able to provide 'hippy chick' seats/baby carriers for young visitors in the house and a covered space to leave buggies and pushchairs whilst you visit the house.
- Shelter spots and benches throughout the garden
- Childrens' activities available all year-round
- Pocket-money gifts in our shop
- Area for running around and den building at top of garden