Easter days out at Standen
Enjoy a day out at Standen House & Garden this Easter. There's plenty of family fun to be had with a Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt throughout the school holidays, spring flowers to see in the garden, and tasty treats in the Barn Café. From Saturday 4 to Sunday 19 April 2020.
Easter holiday fun
We're celebrating Easter at Standen from Saturday 4 to Sunday 19 April 2020 with Easter themed activites, woodland walks and yummy treats in the Barn Café. The House is open free-flow from 11am-4.30pm (last entry 4pm) whilst in the Garden the spring bulbs will be starting to appear.
Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt
Join Barton Bunny for family fun with the return of the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt. Follow Barton Bunny on his spring adventure through the garden and find out about all the exciting things that happen in spring. Once complete you will get a prize of a Cadbury Easter Egg.
Saturday 4 to Sunday 19 April 2020, 11am-4pm. £3 per child includes prize (normal admission applies). Suitable for ages 4+
Try visiting mid-week
Our Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt is on for two weeks so if you'd prefer to avoid the queues we recommend visiting on a week day outside of the Bank Holiday weekend.
Natural play area
A brand new play area is opening at Standen at Easter. There are slides, swings, stepping stones and tunnnels to explore. You'll find the play area by the car park, normal admission applies.
What else can we do at Standen?
Once you’ve finished the Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt you could explore Hollybush Woods which provides a good space to let off some steam and play hide and seek. Discover Bothy on Rock Top Walk too, see if you can find birds and bugs or make a trail with sticks.
Still need to burn off some energy?
Explore the outdoors with one of our walks around the estate for you to enjoy. Wander through the woodland and see if you can spot the first of the spring blooms or head accross the fields on one of our longer walks.
The Barn Café will be open from 10am each morning and serving hot food and sweet treats. If the weather is nice, why not grab your lunch or even bring your own picnic and head to our picnic area. It is found along the woodland walk from the car park, which has wonderful views over the fields and of the property.
Family friendly checklist
- Baby changing facilities available
- High-chairs available in café
- Half portions and lunch boxes in café
- Picnics welcome in the picnic area near car park and around the estate
- Please note buggies are not able to be taken into the house for conservation reasons due to narrow corridors and fragile furnishing. We are able to provide 'hippy chick' seats/baby carriers for young visitors in the house and a covered space to leave buggies and pushchairs whilst you visit the house.
- Shelter from the rain in the house and café, or in one of the outdoor summer houses on the Top Terrace and at Grandfather's Walk
- Benches throughout the garden
- Childrens' activities available all year-round
- Pocket-money gifts in our shop