An Easter full of family fun
Lots of fun to be had out and about at Arlington this Easter, Saturday 1-17 April 2017.
Spring flowers trail
Saturday 1 April - Thursday 10 April, 10.30am-4pm (£1)
Take part in our trail through the grounds. Follow the clues to find the secret locations and learn more about the spring blooms in the garden. Collect the correct answers to claim your prize.
Spring lamb talks
Monday 3 April - Monday 17 April, 3-3.30pm
Easter wouldn’t be Easter without some cute spring lambs, pop along and say hi to the new spring lambs and listen to a talk by a local farmer about how Jacob sheep live at Arlington and how they help the National Trust manage conservation on the estate.
Family ranger days
11am-3pm, Mondays and Wednesdays are Ranger days – find out about the work they do while having fun and learning new skills. There will be a different activity each day:
- Monday 3 April - Den building
- Wednesday 5 April - Natural art
- Monday 10 April - Bug hunting
- Wednesday 12 April - Den building
Activities will take place outdoors so be sure to wear warm clothing and appropriate footwear – prepare to get messy!
Drop-in family crafts
Bring your imagination and drop in for some creative crafting, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12noon-4pm.
- Tuesday 4 April - Easter badges
- Thursday 6 April - Easter masks
- Tuesday 11 April - Daffodils
- Thursday 13 April - Spring tablemats
- Friday 7 April, 1-30-3pm - Create a miniature Easter garden or birdfeeder to take home
- 24 April-30 July, 10.30am-4.30pm - Look out for the ‘Plants from around the world'
- Monday 10 - Thursday 13 April, 2-3.30pm - Join one of Arlington’s gardeners for a drop-in demonstration about staking the herbaceous border.
Drop-in rag rug workshop
Tuesday 11 April, 11am-3pm
Local artist Deborah Hastings will be back with her drop-in rag rug workshop to show how to make beautiful creations from recycled scraps of material. Find out the basics for free, or make one of her fun designs to take home (£2 each).
For more information about any of these events phone 01271 850296 or email email@example.com