Guided visit to Priory Church and medieval stew ponds
Find out more about the medieval history of Canons Ashby with a guided visit to the church, and then to the recently restored medieval stew ponds: an area not accessible to the public without a guide.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Find out more about the medieval history of Canons Ashby with a guided visit to the church, and then to the recently restored medieval stew ponds: an area not accessible to the public without a guide. An exclusive chance to see this beautiful area.
This visit will only go ahead in good weather due to ground conditions on the route. Please wear sturdy footwear and ask at reception on your way in. Not suitable for children under 12 years old.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- This is not suitable for children under 12.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please ask at Visitor Reception when you arrive who will advise you how to join the guided visit.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sturdy walking shoes or boots and dress for the weather.
- This is accessed across muddy uneven terrain. Please call the property to discuss your access needs if you want to know more. This walk is around 3/4 mile long and up and down a slope.
- This guided will not go ahead in the case of bad weather. If you are uncertain please call the property in the morning before travelling especially for this.
|19 September 2019||14:00 - 14:45||Available|
|26 September 2019||14:00 - 14:45||Available|