Family explorers: What's growing at Stowe?
Feast your eyes on nature's bounty. Visit the farmhouse garden to see the seasonal produce growing at Stowe.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Borrow our autumn seed guide and see how many you can spot. Can you spot any early conkers, or are they still in their prickly shells?
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|National Trust member||N/A||£4.95|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Stowe House is managed and operated by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
- Made for children and families.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Pick up your guide from The New Inn at Stowe before heading into the gardens. You can pick up a 50 Things scrapbook here too and don't forget to come back to claim your stickers!
- What to bring and wear
- Be sure to wear comfy shoes for walking so you can do plenty of exploring.
- The gardens are partly accessible with steep slopes and uneven terrain. Mobility buggies are available to hire. Please call us to discuss your requirements on 01280 817156.
- Share pictures of your finds on Twitter @NTStowe, Facebook National Trust Stowe and Instagram NT_Stowe.
|23 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|25 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|26 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|27 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|28 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|29 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|30 September 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|