The Tatton Ball
In 1897, Tatton hosted an extravagant costumed ball in celebration of Wilbraham Egerton's Earldom.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Discover the guests and the costumes they wore, the music and colour of high society entertaining. Explore the vital role the servants had in preparing to host such an occasion and marvel at the enormous quantities of food required to feed the guests. Two newly acquired portraits of Earl and Countess Egerton wearing their ball finery will also be on display.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Car and minibus park entry is £7 (including for National Trust members).
National Trust members receive free entry to the mansion and gardens and a 50% discount to the farm.
Entry fees apply to the Old Hall (including for National Trust members) and visits must be pre-booked through Tatton Park's website.
Small charges apply for the mansion and Japanese Garden tours (including for National Trust members).
Supplementary charges also apply for special events such as Christmas, festivals and fairs and the RHS Flower Show (including for National Trust members). See Tatton Park's website for details.
- Suitable for all ages
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please visit the Mansion for this exhibition.
- What to bring and wear
- The Mansion is indoors, but can be cold so outdoor clothing is advised. There are areas of the Mansion which are upstairs, so sturdy footwear is also advisable.
- The majority of the Mansion, including this exhibition, is viewable from the ground floor. There are some steps to come into the Mansion, so please request disabled access at the family entrance.
- For disabled access to the upper floor of the Mansion, we do have a 'Stairclimber' available for use. This can be pre-booked for usage by calling 01625 374 400, and must be booked at least one day prior to your visit to the Mansion. Alternatively, we have a booklet displaying the items and rooms on show in the upper parts of the house. Please ask at the Family Entrance for access to this book. Unfortunately, disabled access to the cellars is not possible due to the nature of the stairways.
|30 March 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|31 March 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|3 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|4 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|5 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|6 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|7 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|10 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|11 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|12 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|13 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|14 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|17 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|18 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|19 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|20 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|21 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|25 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|
|26 April 2019||13:00 - 17:00||Available|