Join the hunt for mini beasts and discover the wildlife taking up residence in our woodland area.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
What type of creature do you think calls our Hoe Fen discovery area home? This summer, come down to the Discovery Cabin and join the search for mini beasts residing in our natural environment. Uncover the fascinating details hidden within them and then identify them by using binoculars, magnifying glasses or even a microscope! Once you've had a peek, stick around to help release them back into the wild!
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult and up to 3 children||£26.00||£23.60|
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
If arriving by cycle, on foot or public transport, please enquire about our green ticket.
Please note that we now only offer a whole site admission ticket only. When you buy your admission ticket you're directly supporting our vital conservation work here at Anglesey Abbey.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The Discovery Cabin is located in Hoe Fen, Visitor Reception will be able to provide directions. Please note, Hoe Fen is approximately a 20 minute walk from the Visitor Centre.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress appropriately for the outdoors, and wear suitable footwear for woodland walking.
- Please phone ahead of your visit if you have accessibility requirements. There's a ramp leading into the Discovery Cabin, but please note that some paths may be uneven.
- There is no need to sign up or book ahead of your visit, drop in between the allocated time slots to get stuck in!
|31 August 2018||10:30 - 12:30||Available|
|13:30 - 15:30||Available|