Re-connect with nature: Birdsong for beginners
FULLY BOOKED. A woodland walk to appreciate nature's symphony, hear every note and bathe in blissful sound.
- Booking essential
- Free event
A leisurely 1.5 mile (approx.) wander around Hayburn Wyke with Richard Baines, Director and Ecologist at Yorkshire Coast Nature. Timed to take in May's dusk chorus, it's an opportunity to learn and enjoy the song of resident bird species such as song thrush, as well as migrants including black cap and whitethroat. As the sun sinks, there's a chance of hearing owl calls too.
This event is free, thanks to funding via Natural England's Higher Level Stewardship environmental scheme.
- Booking details
- Call 01723 870 423
- Booking line open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. If no answer please leave a message, we'll call back.
- Suitable for age 8 and up. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet in the paddock next to Hayburn Wyke Inn car park, 2 miles north of Cloughton off the A171, YO13 0AU
- What to bring and wear
- Sensible walking shoes advised. Please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and be aware that evenings can get chilly on the coast.
- Paths may be uneven and muddy in places following wet weather. Some slopes/steps.
- If you enjoy Beginner's birdsong, you might be interested in a Birdsong workshop with Richard at Ravenscar on 2 June. Please see our what's on page for details.
|3 May 2019||18:00 - 20:00||Sold out|
|24 May 2019||18:00 - 20:00||Sold out|