Recollections of a Gardener's Daughter
Just what was Monk's House garden like in the days of the Woolfs?
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Leonard Woolf worked alongside his gardener, Percy Bartholomew, to create and maintain the garden here at Monk's House. Join Percy's daughter, Marie Bartholomew, on this very special tour as she describes, using her own memories, what life was like working in this beautiful Bloomsbury garden.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet on the lawn by the conservatory.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather on the day.
- Monk's House garden is partly accessible with some steps and uneven paths throughout.
- This event is dependent upon the attendance of Marie Bartholomew and if, for any reason, she is unable to attend, it will not run. Please check our twitter feed for updates to avoid disappointment.
|19 October 2017||15:00 - 16:00||Available|