Ancient Avebury landscape walk
The Waden Hill circuit takes in some of the Neolithic monuments which make up this ancient and intriguing landscape. The volunteer guide will help you to unlock their past by explaining the history of the landscape as you walk.
- Booking essential
As a World Heritage Site, the archaeologically rich landscape of Avebury has long been recognised as holding the key to our past. You can discover more of the landscape's history on this walk of around 2 miles which takes in part of Avebury stone circle, West Kennet Avenue and Silbury Hill. With beautiful vistas and wide open skies you can also enjoy the stunning scenery.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet outside the Museum Barn.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear suitable clothing for a walk outdoors and sturdy shoes.
- The walk will include some slopes and rough ground. Not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs.
- Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome. This is because some of the fields on the walk may have livestock in them. The walk is about two miles long and regular stops will be taken to talk about features in the landscape.
|2 April 2017||13:30 - 16:00||Available|