Grow Your Green Roots: Indoor Conservation in Action
Pop in to the Mansion and see our friendly and dedicated conservation team at work as they care for our large and varied collection of historic objects including books, furniture and textiles.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Learn more about the natural materials in our collection like silk, wool, mahogany, leather and tortoiseshell, and find out what we can do to help make sure they survive in the future.
Each Conservation in Action focuses on a different aspect of the collection and if you have a passion for a specific aspect you can see what the team will be focusing on on each date below.
- Event ticket prices
|1 adult, 3 children||£21.00||£19.05|
|1 adult, 3 children||£15.00||£13.50|
|1 adult, 3 children||£15.00||£13.50|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
When you buy your admission ticket you’re directly supporting our conservation work. Off peak admission available daily from 4.30pm, and from Monday 3 to Sunday 30 June.
By choosing to pay our Gift Aid admission you're further helping us to carry out vital conservation work across the estate to keep it a special place forever, for everyone.
A 'Green Incentive' discounted entry is available for visitors arriving by foot, public transport or by cycle (standard cycles are not permitted past Visitor Reception, children 5 years and under can ride a balance bike, bike with stabilisers or trike in the grounds).
The top floor of the Mansion and the Picture Gallery will be closed from 10 June to 21 June while we install the Faces of Change: Nature's Partners exhibition that willl be on display in the Picture Gallery from 22 June to 8 September.
- Those in the School holidays are designed with children in mind
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- All of these activities happen within the Mansion, please ask in the Entrance Hall for directions.
- Please contact us with any accessibility needs. The Mansion has a small lift.
- March - 5th: Wood, 15th & 16th: Books, 21st & 25th: Insect Pests. April - 5th & 6th: Silks, 14th & 15th: Marble, 26th: A cupboard full of treasures May - 1st: Exotic woods, 9th: Paintings, 13th & 26th: Textiles. June - 2nd & 3rd: Metals, 14th & 19th: Chandeliers, 27th: Insect Pests. July - 5th: Paintings, 13th: Costume, 21st & 23rd Textiles, 30th: Agents of Deterioration. August - 7th: Agents of Deterioration, 14th: Seashells, 23rd & 30th: Ceramics. September - 8th & 9th: Silver, 21st: Paper, 25th: Insect pests. October - 3rd: Insect pests, 10th & 20th Photographs, 27th & 28th: Winter Prep.
|19 June 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|27 June 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|5 July 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|13 July 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|21 July 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|23 July 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|30 July 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|7 August 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|14 August 2019||12:00 - 15:30||Available|
|23 August 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|30 August 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|8 September 2019||14:00 - 16:00||Available|
|9 September 2019||14:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 September 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|25 September 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|3 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|10 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|20 October 2019||11:00 - 13:00||Available|
|27 October 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|
|28 October 2019||11:00 - 15:30||Available|