Behind the scenes tours
Join Knole's project team for a special tour through the showrooms that are closed this year, so that specialist building and conservation work can take place.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
This 45-minute tour is a unique chance to find out about the conservation work taking place and the discoveries so far, in the rooms that are closed to the public this year.
With the showrooms due to reopen in spring 2019, this is the final chance to see behind the scenes in these historic spaces. Parts of these rooms have not been opened up for hundreds of years - a once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Admission to the tower and showrooms is free for National Trust members and under 5s.
Car park costs £4 per car for non-members; free for National Trust members.
Entry to the park, courtyards and conservation studio is free for everyone.
Please get in touch for group rates.
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Tour included with normal admission showrooms ticket. Reserve a place online.
- Not suitable for children under age 14
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at the Visitor Centre. A ticket for the showrooms must be purchased from the Visitor Centre before joining the tour. Reserve your space on the tour online in advance.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sensible footwear, as the tour involves some steep flights of steps and uneven flooring.
- We regret that this section of the showrooms is not wheelchair accessible. Please be aware that the tour will involve some steep flights of steps.
- This is a free tour, normal admission to the showrooms applies. A ticket for the showrooms must be purchased from the Visitor Centre before joining the tour. Please reserve your space on the tour online in advance. Each tour is limited to 10 people.
|4 May 2018||14:00 - 14:45||Sold out|
|11 May 2018||14:00 - 14:45||Available|
|18 May 2018||14:00 - 14:45||Available|
|25 May 2018||14:00 - 14:45||Available|