Discover Durrington Walls
Have you ever wondered where the builders of Stonehenge lived? Our National Trust landscape guides will take you on a 2.5 - 3 mile walk to explore the Durrington Walls and discover 6,000 years of hidden history.
- Booking essential
Recent research, through geophysical surveys and excavations, is unraveling the story of this enigmatic place and we now know much more than we did ten years ago. Though peaceful today, Durrington Walls was once alive with the sounds and smells of a bustling community of hundreds, if not thousands, of people, living their lives, holding festivals and acting as the workforce for the building of Stonehenge. Bookings for this event are now open.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- A 5% booking fee applies. Phone lines are open Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm, plus Sat and Sun 9am-4pm.
- Accompanied children welcome, free
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet in the car park off Tombs Road (Larkhill) at OS grid reference SU 14382 43626 (nearest postcode SP4 8NB).
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the weather; wrap up warm as it gets chilly up on the downs; and wear stout footwear. You may like to bring a drink and a snack.
- Access is by pedestrian and farm gates; the terrain is mostly grassland and trackways, often uneven underfoot. Cattle and sheep graze the gently sloping downs.
|3 August 2019||13:30 - 16:00||Available|
|11 September 2019||13:30 - 16:00||Available|
|28 September 2019||13:30 - 16:00||Available|
|12 October 2019||13:30 - 16:00||Available|
|23 October 2019||13:30 - 16:00||Available|
|20 November 2019||13:30 - 16:00||Available|