Beastly bugs trail
Pick up our beastly bugs trail when you visit the showrooms and see if you can spot the replica bugs hidden amongst Knole's renowned collection of paintings, silver and furniture.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Have fun hunting for the hidden bugs and learn about the pests that affect Knole's collection on our new beastly bugs trail in the showrooms.
Available Tuesday to Sunday (showrooms closed Mondays). The trail has been designed for families with children aged 2-7 years.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Admission to the tower and showrooms is free for National Trust members and under 5s.
Car park costs £4 per car for non-members; free for National Trust members.
Entry to the park, courtyards and conservation studio is free for everyone.
Please get in touch for group rates.
- The trail has been designed for ages 2-7 years.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please purchase your showrooms ticket from the Visitor Centre and pick up your trail in the Great Hall.
- Please note that only the Great Hall and the entrance to the Great Staircase are wheelchair accessible.
- Normal admission charges to the showrooms apply, there is no additional cost for the trail. Please note that the trail is available Tuesday to Sunday from 12pm-4pm (last entry at 3.30pm). The showrooms are closed on Mondays. The trail will be available on Monday 28 May as the showrooms are open on Bank Holidays. Therefore the only date the trail will not be available is Monday 4 June.
|26 May 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|27 May 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|28 May 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|29 May 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|30 May 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|31 May 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|1 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|2 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|3 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|5 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|6 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|7 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|8 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|9 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|
|10 June 2018||12:00 - 16:00||Available|