Family Volunteering Stone Walling
We need your help - bring the whole family along and help the Rangers repair an ancient stone wall in need of attention.
- Booking advisable
- Free event
Many of the walls in the fields around Mortehoe are over 200 years old and constantly need repairing. Join the Woolacombe Rangers as they show you and your family the traditional skills needed to rebuild these ancient dry stone walls. Tools, equipment and training are provided to ensure you have fun in a safe environment.
- Booking details
- Call 01598763402
- Suitable for children of five years and above.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet the rangers at Mortehoe village car park, EX34 7DR (grid reference SS 457 452). If you can't make it for 11am you will find them working on the hill behind the car park.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear old clothes, sturdy shoes and waterproof clothing if it looks like rain. Bring plenty of food and drink.
- Please note that accessibility is restricted. There is a steep grassy slope up to the work site which is uneven and may be muddy.
- Parking fees apply at Mortehoe village car park (not National Trust).
|12 April 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|