Your little explorers can feed their curiosity with our free wild themed family activities with the Wiltshire Landscape Rangers at Stonehenge Landscape. There will also be a chance to tick off some of your '50 things to do before you're 11¾'.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
This fun activity day gives children time away from the digital world and allows them to get close to nature. Children could be cooking on a campfire, building dens, searching for mini-beasts, bow and arrow making and much more. Children who are doing '50 things to do before you're 11¾' can get their next stickers and work towards completing the challenge. More information at www.50things.org.uk.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
- Accompanied children welcome, free
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meeting in a car park off Tombs Road (Larkhill) at OS grid reference SU 14382 43626 (nearest postcode SP4 8NB).
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the weather - wrap up warm as it gets chilly up on the downs - and wear stout footwear. You may like to bring a drink and a snack.
- The ground is mostly flat but does include some rough and possibly muddy tracks. Access is by pedestrian and farm gates; Cattle and sheep graze the gently sloping downs.
- Some activities will require a small charge for materials, but there will always be a free alternative available. The National Trust has created dog free zones in all fields grazed by sheep in the Stonehenge Landscape following an increased number of attacks on sheep. For this reason dogs are no longer permitted at our events at Stonehenge.
|11 April 2018||11:00 - 15:00||Available|