Beginners running programme - Group 10
Join a friendly running group in the grounds of Penrhyn Castle. No matter what your ability or fitness level, you can enjoy walking, jogging & running, inspired by the beautiful views! Our lovely Run Leaders will support you every step of the way.
- Booking advisable
- Free event
We are running a Couch to 5km programme suitable for complete beginners or those who have not run in a long time.
Starting at 9.30am, the sessions will take place before the castle is open to the general public to ensure a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.
On the final week of the programme the group will complete the Penrhyn parkrun together on a Saturday.
- Booking details
- Call 01248 353084
- Please email RunLeaderTeam@nationaltrust.org.uk to register interest and receive a form.
- Suitable for ages 12+ (12-15 year olds need to be accompanied by an adult)
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet outside the Visitor Centre in the main car park.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear clothing you will be comfortable walking and running outside in. Beginners - Please wear running shoes if you have them, otherwise trainers or the most 'trainer-like' shoes you own.
- This group is suitable for complete beginners. If you have any questions regarding accessibility please get in touch.
- The Castle café will be open from 10.30am, so you are welcome to join us in having a well earned hot (or cold!) drink afterwards. This is a free group but donations to the National Trust are greatly appreciated. If you are a member of the National Trust please bring your membership card to scan in the Visitor Centre after the session. Programme dates (don't worry if you can't make them all): 1. Sun 7 Oct, 2. Sun 14 Oct, 3. Sun 21 Oct, 4. Sun 28 Oct, 5. Sun 4 Nov, 6. Sun 11 Nov, 7. Sun 18 Nov, 8. Sat 24 Nov. Penrhyn parkrun: Every Saturday morning a friendly community of local runners and joggers, some with prams and dogs on leads, gather to take part in Penrhyn parkrun - a free timed 5km run around the castle. On the final week of the programme, Week 8, the group will join the parkrun and complete it together. After this everyone in the group is warmly invited to continue attending the parkruns every Saturday. http://www.parkrun.org.uk/penrhyn/
|28 October 2018||09:30 - 10:30||Available|
|4 November 2018||09:30 - 10:30||Available|
|11 November 2018||09:30 - 10:30||Available|
|18 November 2018||09:30 - 10:30||Available|
|24 November 2018||09:00 - 10:00||Available|