Bombs and Beasties July 2017 - all day guided walk
Explore this once secret site. Booking available online from 23rd May.
- Booking essential
A five minute boat ride leads to a five mile walk and talk with a ranger, looking at various aspects of this unique site - once a Top Secret military test site now a National Nature Reserve. Will include access to the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment area not normally open to the public.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Available to book online from 23rd May.
- Children welcome- would suit older children.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet 9.15 a.m. prompt on Orford Quay, as advised on ticket - tickets must be pre-purchased and brought with you. No parking on Orford Quay.
- What to bring and wear
- Bring own food and drink. Exposed conditions. Wear clothing suitable for the weather. Binoculars/camera useful.
- Involves ferry crossing of river - must be able to negotiate steep and sometimes slippery steps. Mostly made up paths, some uneven, and 1/4 mile shingle track.
- Due to limited availability no reductions for children are available. Limited to 24 places. Tour finishes approx. 4.00pm but can be later, up to 5pm, depending on progress. This is not a children's event due to the content and length of walk but it may be of interest to older children.
|8 July 2017||09:15 - 16:30||Sold out|