Opera - Dido & Aeneas
*SOLD OUT* Conductor David Hutchings and pianist Meredith Bi present emerging talent within the Cardiff region in the one act drama alongside popular arias from your favourite operas such as Madame Butterfly and The Magic Flute.
- Booking essential
Henry Purcell's Dido and Aeneas is possibly the most famous and longest standing member of the opera canon to hail from the British Isles.
Written for a Chelsea girls' school in 1688, Dido and Aeneas recounts the classic tale from Vergil's Aeneid, where the Trojan prince Aeneas falls in love with Dido, the Queen of Carthage, sparking terrible consequences.
Proceeds help fund our ongoing Fountain Pool Restoration.
Event ticket prices
Adult £15.0016 and over
Child £2.00Under 2s / Baby - Lap ticket only
- Booking details
- Call 02920 590813
- Age guidance of 8 years plus
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Dyffryn House
- What to bring and wear
- Dress for the weather. We will have coat racks and rails available in the vestibule of Dyffryn House. We do not accept responsibility for these items.
- Dyffryn House ground floor is all level and wheelchair accessible. Any audience members using a wheelchair can be positioned on the front or back row
- Included with your ticket is a glass of fizz and sweet treats during the interval. Enjoy a wonderful evening, as well as helping to support the restoration of our Fountain Pool on the Great Lawn.
|21 October 2017||19:30 - 21:30||Sold out|