Countryside Ranger day: Hedge-laying
Try your hand at a new countryside skill, rejuvenating hedgerows for the local wildlife.
- Booking essential
- Free event (admission applies)
Using traditional tools like loppers, saws and billhooks, learn the art of hedge-laying with a hands on practical day. Learn about the traditional farming methods and how the practice benefits birds, bats, rabbits, insects and more.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
- Booking details
- Call 01752 346585
- Unfortunately this event is not suitable for children.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet the rangers in Lower Halsdon farmyard. You can park on Halsdon Avenue then walk along to the farmyard (EX8 3DH)
- What to bring and wear
- Wear warm clothing suitable for the weather and sturdy footwear.
- Walking across farmland, the fields can get uneven and muddy in places.
|13 November 2018||10:00 - 15:00||Available|