Bombay to Bodiam: Curzon's journey
Take time out this winter to discover some of the conservation history of Bodiam Castle
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Visit our 'Bombay to Bodiam' and 'Let India be my Judge' exhibitions this winter and discover how Lord Curzon's time in India at the time of the British Raj shaped his preservation work on Bodiam Castle.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Offer tickets are applicable to those arriving via the Kent & East Sussex Railway and Bodiam Boating Station ferry. Visitors will be required to show their travel tickets from these providers.
Car Park: Non-members: £3.00 per car. NT members: Free.
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches: Free. Unbooked coaches: £50 charge.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- The exhibitions are housed in two of the towers of the castle.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear suitable warm clothing and sturdy footwear or wellies for this mainly outdoor site.
- Access to the castle from the main car park is over graveled paths which can be muddy in poor weather. There are substantial thresholds to the exhibition rooms.
- Car parking charges apply: NT members, free parking. Non-NT members, £3 per car payable at Pay & Display machines. Dogs on leads are permitted in the castle grounds but not in the castle itself.
|18 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|19 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|20 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|21 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|22 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|23 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|
|24 February 2019||11:00 - 16:00||Available|