Guided Walk around Alderley Edge
Would you like to learn more about the strange bumps, humps and hollows, or is it the mines or the legends which you are interested in?
- Booking not needed
- Free event
Why not come along on one of our guided walks. Find out about our ancient copper mines dating back to the bronze age.
Learn more about the mysterious places such as Devil's Grave, Goldenstone and the Druids Circle which provided inspiration for the novel the Weirdstone of Brisingamen and of course enjoy the beautiful pine and beech woodland and admire the fantastic views across the Cheshire Plain.
- Booking details
- No need to book and the event is free of charge.
- Children are very welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet at the oak framed Information Shelter in the National Trust Car Park. The walk starts at 2.00pm.
- What to bring and wear
- The terrain can be uneven and muddy in wet weather and you may also encounter steps and steep slopes. Stout footwear is recommended.
- There will be just one walk which will last approximately two hours. If for any reason you'd like to leave earlier, just let your guide know and they'll happily point you in the right direction for the National Trust car-park along one of our way-marked routes! If you're thinking of coming along as a large group, it would be helpful if you could call us in advance, so that we can be prepared! Please telephone the office on 01625 584412 at least one week before the due date.
|29 April 2018||14:00 - 16:00||Available|