Verse to music
Come along and listen to some Kipling verse set to music
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Set among the beautiful Sussex countryside, Bateman's provided Rudyard Kipling with great inspiration for some of his most famous verse. This summer we invite you to join volunteer, Peter Bradbury, who will be singing Kipling's verse with a folk guitar accompaniment. Enjoy the delightful surroundings that gave birth to the verses being read.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Car Parking charges: Non-members: £3 per car. NT Members: Free parking.
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches: Free. Unbooked coaches: £50 charge.
- Older children are welcome to attend.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Look out for the signs detailing the times of the musical verse sessions which will take place in our storytelling tent in the event field close to the tea room.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and flat shoes/trainers.
- There is wheelchair access to the tent, although this may be more difficult in wet weather.
- In the event of inclement weather this event may need to be cancelled.
|22 August 2019||11:30 - 11:50||Available|
|12:30 - 12:50||Available|
|13:30 - 13:50||Available|
|14:30 - 14:50||Available|