Erddig Summer Pick and Mix
Whether you're looking for outdoor adventures or something more relaxing this summer, our pick and mix programming will let you build the summer you want to enjoy.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Not only will Wolf's Den be open daily from 10am - 5pm, but from 23 July all the way up to 30 August, there will be daily activities daily for you to enjoy.
Mondays 11am - 3pm – Marshmallow toasting in Wolf’s Den
Tuesdays 1pm - 3pm – Croquet in the garden and seed planting
Wednesdays 11am - 3pm – Storytelling with Jake Evans
Thursdays 11am - 3pm – 50 Things Thursdays
Fridays 1pm - 3pm – Hobby Horse Gymkhana
There really is something for everyone and we hope you can come and join us.
- Event ticket prices
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Please check house opening information as times vary. From 23 March our garden, outbuildings, restaurant and shop are open daily from 10am to 5pm until 26 October when we open 11am to 4pm.
- Children are welcome
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the ticket office for details of each days activities.
- What to bring and wear
- Wellies recommended for Wolf's Den on wet days. Croquet is weather permitting to prevent damage to the lawn.
- The garden can be accessed via ramp and paths are fine loose gravel. Wolf's Den is loose wood chip and prone to being muddy on wet days.
- Erddig has acres of space with activities laid on for your little ones throughout the summer, plus family-friendly eating places and facilities for when you need a quick pit stop. Croquet days are subject to weather to help care for our lawn and keep it in tip top condition. Campfire cooking comes with an additional £1.50 charge to cover costs, all other activities are free. However, normal admission prices to enter the property applies. Dogs on leads are welcome on our 1,200 acre estate and into the property as far as the Midden Yard but will not be permitted through to the garden, house and stables.
|23 July 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|24 July 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|25 July 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|26 July 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|29 July 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|30 July 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|31 July 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|1 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|2 August 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|5 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|6 August 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|7 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|8 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|9 August 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|12 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|13 August 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|14 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|15 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|
|16 August 2019||13:00 - 15:00||Available|
|19 August 2019||11:00 - 15:00||Available|