Moth Walk and Camp
Experience a night on Brownsea Island. Then get up with the sounds of nature and head to the heathland to discover which incredible moths make this special place their home.
- Booking essential
One of our rangers will meet you at the campsite to show you where the moth traps will be set. You will have the opportunity to explore the island in the evening and camp overnight at the campsite. In the morning, our moth expert will take you up to the moth traps and talk you through the different species.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 2491895
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet our ranger at 7pm at the Outdoor Centre on the Friday evening to put out the moth traps. Meet our moth expert at 8am at the Outdoor Centre to discover the different moths in the traps.
- What to bring and wear
- Wear sensible outdoor clothing and footwear. Please bring your own camping tents, food and eating utensils. Catering and cooking equipment will be provided.
- All terrain wheelchairs/ pushchairs available free of charge. Booking essential.
- Boats depart from Poole Quay and Sandbanks on the half hour or on the hour. Last boat to the island leaves at 4.30pm. Your belongings will get taken up to the campsite at 4.50pm. You will need to walk to the campsite (approx. 25mins) where you will be given an induction at 5.20pm. Boats depart from 10.15am & 10.20am the following morning. Price includes camp fees, island entry and a talk with our moth expert in the morning. Boat fare is not included. Booking is essential as there is limited availability.
|20 July 2018||17:00 - 20:00||Available|
|17 August 2018||17:00 - 20:00||Available|