Calling all budding gardeners: Time for a career change?
Have you ever wished you could follow a career as a gardener? Would you like to work in one of the most beautiful gardens in the country? Here in the gardens at Blickling, we're really excited to announce that we are taking on a Garden Apprentice.
A brand new opportunity
Apprenticeship schemes are a great opportunity to combine learning, training, and real work experience.
This is your chance to work in a dynamic, fast developing environment with a great team of gardeners and volunteers. Whether you are just starting work or looking for a new challenge, this could be just the opportunity you need.
You will spend two years in our stunning gardens, learning new skills and being part of the amazing work we do.
While there is no guarantee of employment at the end of the apprenticeship, you will be in a position to apply for some of the Assistant Gardener or Seasonal Gardener roles that are regularly advertised on the NT jobs website. These could take you to any of a wide range of our gardens in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- As a Gardening Apprentice you will be involved with basic, routine duties such as mowing, soil cultivation, weed control, pruning and planting.
- You may also assist in the delivery of events and other activities.
- You will actively participate in your own development plan which will be agreed with your line manager and the training provider.
- You will undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with your effective development.
- In addition to the training and support you receive from the property, you will be expected to study for agreed qualifications with an approved training provider. In order to gain your qualification, you will undertake regular workplace assessments with the college representative / training provider associated with your apprenticeship and will complete an end of placement assessment.
Ready to apply?
You can find out more and apply for this position here.
The closing date is 7 August.