Family days out at Blickling
Keep your little explorers busy on a family day out at Blickling with activities across the estate. Enjoy everything from the impressive grandeur of the Hall to playing hide and seek in the garden, or walks around the estate and den building in the woods.
Planning your family visit
Here's some information to help make your family day out at Blickling as easy to enjoy as possible:
- There are plenty of buggy-friendly paths around the garden and parkland, just grab a map from visitor reception.
- Baby changing can be found at Estate Barn in the main car park, near East Wing visitor reception and in the Farmyard area.
- Bottles and baby food can be warmed up in our cafés.
- High chairs, activity lunch boxes, cups and water jugs are available in the Stables café.
- If you fancy a picnic, you'll find picnic benches in the garden by the lake, in the Farmyard area, or near Estate Barn visitor reception at the main car park. Or you're welcome to take a picnic blanket and find a spot to eat on the estate surrounded by nature.
Adventure across the estate
Explore the estate on two wheels! Check our opening times to see when our cycle hire is available, or you're welcome to bring your own bikes to cycle across the wider estate on the multi-use trail. If walking is more your thing, pick up a map at Visitor Welcome and let the kids lead the way as you navigate through the parkland, taking in the sights and sounds of nature as you go! Don't miss the majestic Mausoleum, a bit of cloud watching from the sky glade or how about a spot of den building?
This coming Christmas, we invite you to spend the day exploring the house decked up for a traditional Victorian Christmas with a wild, magical twist. Visit again in the evening and take in the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of this magical season.
There's much more to Blickling Estate than its famous house. Covering 4,600 acres with 950 acres of woodland and parkland and 3,500 acres of farmland, Blickling Estate is great for exploring alone, with family or your four-legged friends.
Discover more about Blickling Hall, in Norfolk, a Jacobean mansion thought to be the birthplace of Anne Boleyn, and sits in a historic park.
Offering delicious, locally sourced and produced food, stop at one of the cafés, browse in the shop or grab a bargain in the second-hand bookshop.
There are lots of things to do when you visit one of our family-friendly places. Find inspiration for days out and discover a range of activities for everyone.
Plan your next adventure with the family around Norfolk, with colourful gardens, winding walks and nature trails for you all to enjoy.