Cycling at Blickling Estate
The cycle hire hub has a variety of bikes for all ages, including electric bikes, trailers and balance bikes so the whole family can enjoy exploring the parkland. You're welcome to bring your own bikes too, so pack a picnic and get planning your adventure.
Cycle hire opening times
Please check our opening times for details of when cycle hire is available.
With over 4,600 acres of parkland to explore at Blickling, highlights include ancient woodland, the Tower that was once used by the 2nd Earl of Buckinghamshire as a grandstand, and the striking pyramid Mausoleum, not to mention the sweeping views over the lake, back towards the hall.
After the launch of our multi-use trail in 2017, supported by Sport England, we recommend this accessible route to all abilities, including adapted wheelchair users, all year round.
Whatever the weather, this four-mile trail takes in all the highlights of the wider estate. Collect a map upon arrival, which shows all the best waymarked trails around the estate.
If you’re using our multi-use trail, please cycle responsibly and be mindful of other users.
- We have children's and adult bikes (including five e-bikes), five trailers, two tag-alongs and several balance bikes available to hire.
- Cycle hire is on a first come, first served basis. We can’t guarantee bikes will be available, however; we would suggest coming along earlier in the day (we ope at 10am) to give you the best chance of hiring what you require.
- There are a limited number of trailers available each day.
- E-bikes are perfect for anyone who is unable to take one of our standard bikes out, or for those who need a bit of help getting up the slopes. They can be hired on a first come, first served basis (no pre-booking is available) and must be used on site.
- If you have your own helmets, please bring them with you. We have helmets available but with cleaning procedures, it would be very helpful if you're able to bring your own.
Cycle hire prices (two-hour session)
Adult £5 | Child (under 18) £4
Trailers | £4 per child
Our two-seat trailers are ideal for little ones over 12 months old and up to a maximum height of 105cm and weight of 18kg. There's a handy boot space to store bags and picnics in the back of each trailer.
Tag-along bikes | £4 per child
For those who might need a bit of help pedalling around the estate, why not try a tag-along bike? Minimum height: Must be able to sit on the saddle and get both feet safely on the ground. Maximum weight: 34 kg / 75lb.
Electric bike | £12
Our E-bikes are perfect for anyone who is unable to use a standard bike, or for those who need a bit of help getting up the slopes! They can be hired on a first come, first served basis (no pre-booking is available), and must be used onsite.
Balance bikes | free of charge.
There's much more to Blickling Estate than its famous house. Covering 4,600 acres with 950 acres of woodland and parkland and 3,500 acres of farmland, Blickling Estate is great for exploring alone, with family or your four-legged friends.
Discover some of the best bike rides through the woodland and countryside we look after. Get a new two-wheeled perspective of some of our best-loved places.
Mentioned in the Domesday Book, the estate was the birthplace of Anne Boleyn, and during the Second World War RAF air crew were billeted here.
The special places in National Trust care sometimes come with a few risks for visitors, be it coastline or countryside. Find out how to keep safe throughout your visits.