Christmas at Blickling Estate
This coming Christmas we invite you to spend the day exploring the house decked up for a traditional Victorian Christmas with a wild, magical twist! Visit again in the evening for our fundraising Wild Nature After Dark event and take in the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of this magical season.
A Blickling Wild Winter
Saturday 2 – 23 December, 10am–3pm* (House open at 11am)
*Last entry into the house at 2.30pm.
Welcome to a traditional Victorian Christmas with a wild, magical twist
Lady Constance Lothian invites you to explore an Arts and Crafts inspired home where the outside has come in. Animals have appeared throughout the house – helping them to prepare for Christmas Day.
“Twas the night before Christmas and all through the hall,
Rabbits, badgers and owls were having a ball”
See the animals caper through the rooms leaving paw prints across the snow-filled Lower Ante Room, helping Constance to finish sewing her Christmas gown in the Print Room, creating a Christmas dinner fit for a family of hedgehogs in the Dining Room – while the owls and bats are enjoying a Christmas story snuggled in the cosy Upper Ante Room.
The magic grows stronger as you walk through a wintery garden in the Long Gallery, where you'll find out who is creating this wild Christmas chaos?
The route through the house will take in the ground floor, basement kitchen and some of the first floor showrooms.
Enjoy a spot of Christmas shopping in the shop and tuck into delicious seasonal food and warming drinks in the Stables and Muddy Boots cafés.
Daytime ticket information
There's no need to book tickets for your visit during these times. Entry is free to National Trust members, and non-members can pay on arrival.
Ticket prices for non-members:
- Adult £15.00
- Child* £7.50
- Family (1 adult, up to 3 children) £22.50
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) £37.50
*Children under five go free and do not require a ticket.
Daytime - good to know
- The house is open 11am–3pm. Last entry to the house and garden is 2.30pm. The house, garden, shop and cafés close at 3pm.
- The car park closes at 3pm and will reopen at 5pm when we start to welcome visitors for evening.
- Revolootion will be on site with an accessible toilet on Tuesday 5, Sunday 10 and Saturday 16 December between 10am–3pm (also between 5pm – 8pm for Wild Winter After Dark).
- Please note that only assistance dogs are allowed inside the house, the garden and the east wing.
- Please use the outlaying carparks if you're planning a walk in the parkland between Saturday 2 – Sunday 23 December.
- The Stamp Shop will be open by appointment only. Please call 01263 738075 information or visit the second-hand bookshop for a selection of stamp sheets, first day covers and bags of stamps.
Wild Winter After Dark at Blickling
Saturday 2 – Sunday 17 December, 5pm–8pm
Our biggest fundraiser of the year returns, this year with a wilder twist! Begin your evening journeying through the magically lit walled garden, before heading into the garden illuminated with colour and light. Listen out for the sounds of nature as you explore, take in the natural scent of the trees in the illuminated Arboretum and look out for tracks and footprints along the way – can you spot all the animals on your way to the festive Farmyard?
Eating and drinking
Head to plane tree ground for warming mulled wine, spiced apple juice, mince pies and gingerbread, or enjoy something more substantial from the delicious outdoor food offers in the Farmyard where you can tuck into burritos, waffles and marshmallows toasted on an open fire.
Whether you're searching for stocking fillers, garden gifts or homeware, wander through the Blickling shop to find that perfect present.
Everyone (including National Trust members) will need to book tickets in advance for our evening Christmas event as there won’t be any tickets available on the day.
- Adult £16.00
- Child* £10.00
- Family (1 adult, up to 3 children) £32.00
- Family (2 adults, up to 3 children) £44.00
*Children under five go free and but do still require a pre-booked ticket.
Please note that event tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Wild Winter After Dark has a fully accessible a step free route of just under one mile on a range of surfaces including gravel of different thicknesses, accessible matting and a small area of grass. Electric scooter and wheelchair users are welcome to bring their access aids. We have a limited number of powered mobility vehicles (PMVs) available to hire each night, to find out more and book please call 01263 733956.
If you require one or two carers to accompany you to the event, their entry is free. Please ensure you include a free ticket for each carer at the point of booking.
A changing places toilet is available daily in the Farmyard and Revolootion will be on site on Tuesday 5, Sunday 10 and Saturday 16 December between 5pm – 8pm in the main car park with an accessible toilet, adult-sized changing bench, hoist and a member of the team on hand to support you. Please bring your own sling if you wish to use the hoist.
Please note that all accessible parking is in the main car park this year. The Farmyard car park will be closed as this is a pedestrian exit point.
Good to know
- Your ticket includes parking in our main car park. Please make a note of your time slot as this is your entry time into the car park, your visit is free flow from then.
- Please note that only assistance dogs are allowed.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate group visits, coaches, motorhomes or larger vehicles during this event.
Top tips for your Wild Winter After Dark visit
If you’re visiting our evening Wild Winter After Dark event, please ensure you have your tickets to hand when you arrive so we can get you parked up as quickly as possible.