Family adventures at Durham Coast
From skimming stones to flying kites or even finding a geocache explore the beach with your family and friends.
Here are a few of our favourites:
- Skim a stone
- Hunt for bugs
- Climb a tree
- Fly a kite
- Find a geocache
What is geocaching?
- Coastal walks along the cliff tops with fantastic views
- Magical wild flower meadows with rare and unusual plants. Some of the best can be found at Blast Beach and Shippersea Bay
- Like a challenge? Then our annual half marathon could be right up your street
- Climb Beacon Hill for the best views of the coast
- Butterfly lovers will be able to spot the rare Duham brown argus and dingy skipper