Illyria present The Emperor's New Clothes
On Lacock's beautiful South Lawn, Illyria will bring to life Hans Christian Anderson's classic story of 'The Emperor's New Clothes'. A fast and funny family show for all ages.
- Booking essential
The Emperor is a lovely man, but he's not the best judge of character, and is often surrounded by idiots. What keeps him sane is the monthly Grand Parade at which he wears his newest outfit. When two swindlers spin a yarn and everyone is taken in.
(NB - there is NO nudity in the production. Although one of the actors may be a little chilly)
Illyria is an Equity Outdoor Touring Guidelines compliant company
Event ticket prices
Child £10.00Child aged 5-17 years
Family £36.001A 3C
Family £51.002A 3C
Family £44.002A 2C
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Sorry, group discounts do not apply for this event. 5-17 year olds qualify for child rate tickets.
- The performance is tailored for families
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please enter the abbey grounds through visitor reception on Lacock High Street. The performance area is a 3 minute walk once you are inside. Parking in the National Trust car park on Hither Way.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring along low backed seating or rugs, warm clothes and a picnic. There is no shelter if wet. Sorry, no BBQ's, gazebos or large garden parasols.
- Performance area accessible - level paths, lightly graveled. Sorry, no induction loop or BSL interpretation. Phone for more details about blue badge parking.
- The gates open at 6pm, last entry is 6.45pm. It takes about 5 minutes to walk down the drive so please leave plenty of time to get settled in time for the show. Finishing time is approximate. Performance continues in all but the very worst of weather. A booking fee of 5% applies for tickets bought in advance. Sorry, no discount for OAP or National Trust members.
|28 July 2017||19:00 - 21:00||Available|