Special offsite event: Underground lead mine adventure
A tour of Smallcleugh Mine, Nenthead, Cumbria
- Booking essential
Let the Pinpoint Adventure team guide you on a tour of Smallcleugh Mine, a working lead mine until the early 1900s. Explore a network of tunnels and glimpse into the arduous lives of the miners. Work your way towards the 'Ballroom' - an impressive chamber carved from the rock - where bacon sandwiches will be provided. (Vegetarian option available on request). Mince pies and mulled wine will be served to make the December tour a festive occasion.
Event ticket prices
All £40.00incl. bacon sandwich
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Booking line open daily, Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am - 4pm.
- Suitable for children aged 8+. Must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Nenthead Mines Heritage Centre car park to the south of the village centre (just beyond the public toilets).
- What to bring and wear
- You are advised to wear old clothing (may get wet from the knees downwards), wellies, old gloves. Knee pads optional. Bring a small rucksack with packed lunch and drinks.
- A basic level of fitness is required as the tour involves walking plus some stooping and crawling in confined spaces.
- Pinpoint Adventure will provide: boiler suit/overalls, wellies - if participants don't have their own, helmet and head torch, all safety/emergency kit, including First Aid, qualified and experienced instructors (normally this will be Ian and Tom).
|20 October 2019||09:45 - 15:30||Available|
|1 December 2019||09:45 - 15:30||Available|