Following a sell-out performance in London, renowned singer songwriter David McAlmont brings his unique show to Kingston Lacy for an exclusive performance at the home William John Bankes, whose story inspired his work.
- Booking essential
Described as a “poignant queer tale for our times”, girl.boy.child is a mesmerising blend of history, song and image that explores the lives of three people who challenged the conventions of sexuality and gender of their day: Christopher St John, William John Bankes and Henry Cyril Paget.
The performance will bring to life extraordinary tales of these three pioneers and their deep connections to the places they created and inhabited.
Welcome drinks from 6.30pm, performance starts 7pm.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Students will need to present a valid student ID card. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- This performance will be held in Kingston Lacy house. Please follow the signage to the house entrance.
- What to bring and wear
- Please no stiletto heels.
- This performance will be held on the State floor of the house, which is accessed by a flight of stairs.
- This unique performance emerges from a two year collaboration between renowned singer and historian, David McAlmont, the Research Centre for Museums and Galleries at the University of Leicester and the National Trust.
|27 February 2019||18:30 - 20:30||Available|