West Wing Scaffold Climbs
Not for the faint-hearted! Join us 36 feet (nearly 11 metres) up and get close to the restoration work taking place at Seaton Delaval Hall as part of the National Lottery Heritage Fund-supported Curtain Rises project.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Climbers must be over the age of 12.
Climbers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult with no more than 1 child per adult.
Baby carriers are not permitted.
Bags must be left in secure lockers at the start of the tour.
We advise cameras are secured with a wrist or neck strap. The National Trust is not responsible for damage to any belongings taken up the scaffolding.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Gift Aid entry ncludes a voluntary donation of at least 10% which will be put towards the restoration and upkeep of this place. If you are a UK taxpayer, please complete a Gift Aid declaration which will allow the National Trust to claim an extra 25% from the Government on your total payment.
- Booking details
- Please book at Visitor Welcome on arrival. Places allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children aged 12 and over are welcome.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at base of Scaffold Tower in Central Courtyard.
- What to bring and wear
- Climbers must wear sturdy, secure shoes. Ballet pumps, flip flops and heels are not permitted. Climbers must not wear loose, floaty clothing such as scarves or shawls.
- Please note that access is up 47 steps and is 36 feet up (11 metres). Please ensure you have a head for heights and the stamina to climb!
- Climbers are responsible for judging their ability to tackle the Scaffold Climb. Please think carefully about whether you are happy with the height and if you are physically capable of climbing the stairs. Please be aware that for safety reasons, access to scaffold climbs is subject to weather and volunteer staffing. Scaffold climbs may be cancelled in poor weather conditions or the day after for safety checks. Cancellation is at the discretion of the Duty Manager and the decision is final.
|21 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|22 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|23 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|24 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|28 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|29 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|30 November 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|1 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|5 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|6 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|7 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|8 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|12 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|13 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|14 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|15 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|19 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|20 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|21 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|
|22 December 2019||11:00 - 11:30||Available|