Winter Fireside talk with poet Mark Gwynne Jones
'one of the most accomplished performance poets in the land...drawing the audience into a world where things are not quite what they seem.'
- Booking essential
He is a Writer In Residence with First Story and previously, has held writing residencies at The National Trust. Well known for mind-altering poetry with an almost music hall edge, Mark Gwynne Jones mixes humour and poignancy with great skill.
With musicians Psychicbread, he was commissioned to write and record a collection of poems for his native Peak District, Lyric in Limestone.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 01332 842191
- please advise us of any special dietary requirements when you book.
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet in the restaurant for tea and coffee at 11.15am
- What to bring and wear
- This is an indoor event but we do ask that guests don't wear high heels that may damage the floor.
- This event takes place on the ground floor of the Hall.
- Lunch will be Chicken, mushroom & leek cobbler or Chunky Vegetable cobbler as a vegetarian option, with seasonal vegetables. Ginger sponge with syrup sauce and custard. Glass of wine, tea/coffee to finish
|2 February 2018||11:15 - 13:30||Available|