Pole lathe bowl turning workshop
Join Amerton Arts Studio for a workshop in the woods at Leith Hill. This one day course will focus on the traditional techniques of turning a bowl from green wood using a pole lathe.
- Booking essential
Step by step instruction will be provided on correct tool selection and technique to turn the inside and outside of the bowl. The pole lathes are pedal operated which gives you a wonderful connection with the rhythm of wood removal. The course is suitable for both total beginners and more experienced individuals who want to refine their craft. All materials tools and equipment will be provided.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Not suitable for under 18s
- Unfortunately dogs are not welcome at this event.
- Meeting point
- Meet at the Rhododendron Wood car park (RH5 6LU) by the notice board.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear suitable outdoor clothes, which may get covered in saw dust and wood chips. Bring a packed lunch, which you can enhance by purchasing a hot drink and scone from Leith Hill Place.
- The area where the workshop is taking place is in the woods, so won't be accessible to everyone.
|21 June 2019||09:30 - 16:00||Available|