Guided moat walks at Bodiam Castle
Get out and about with one of our guides on these short but informative walks around the castle grounds, where you will discover some of the secrets of Bodiam's past.
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
These short walks of 35-45 minutes around the castle grounds will give you a bit more insight into the location of the castle and the grounds around it. Discover about the mill pond and why there is a World War II pillbox in the grounds, plus some of the hidden secrets in the grounds. This walk will mainly be on gravelled paths, but these can be uneven and wet in adverse weather. Pace and area covered on this walk will depend on group attending.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Offer tickets are applicable to those arriving via the Kent & East Sussex Railway and Bodiam Boating Station. Visitors will be required to show their travel tickets from these providers.
Car Park: £3.00 per car
Coaches: Pre-booked coaches only.
- Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Moat walks start from the castle courtyard.
- What to bring and wear
- Please wear sensible, sturdy shoes or trainers and dress appropriately for the weather. Please carry water for hydration.
- Walks are mainly on the gravelled paths around the castle grounds but could be over grassed areas. All routes can be wet and muddy in adverse weather.
- These walks are volunteer-led and as a result may be cancelled at short notice. Please check with visitor reception to ensure that the walk is on offer on the day of your visit.
|21 October 2018||12:15 - 13:00||Available|
|24 October 2018||12:15 - 13:00||Available|
|26 October 2018||12:15 - 13:00||Available|
|28 October 2018||12:15 - 13:00||Available|