Percy the Park Keeper's winter wander trail at Hatchlands Park
This winter, treat your little ones to a world of adventures at Hatchlands Park on Percy the Park Keeper's winter wander trail. Join in the fun with Percy and his animal friends and give nature a helping hand. Come along and explore.
- Booking not needed
- Admission applies
Follow a trail around the beautiful parkland paths at Hatchlands Park. You and your family can become Percy’s helper for the day, stepping into his wellies while he's busy elsewhere on site. You might find that you get some helpers of your own in the form of Percy’s animal friends. There will be winter tasks, activities, games, clues and a note from Percy to help you along the way. Don’t forget to take the chance to capture your experience of the day.
Event ticket prices
All £2.00per trail
|Family: 1 adult, 2 children||£15.70||£14.25|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points.
Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission
- Standard Admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you a clear choice between the Gift Aid Admission prices and the Standard Admission prices at the admission point. It's entirely up to you which ticket you choose.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below:
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid - an extra 25 per cent - potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
Advance booking is no longer required when visiting Hatchlands Park. The house, outdoor spaces, cafés and bookshop have all reopened. House closed Monday & Saturday.
- Everyone's welcome but this event is most suitable for ages 2-8 years.
- Meeting point
- You can pick up a trail sheet from Visitor Reception.
- What to bring and wear
- This is an outdoor trail so please dress for the weather with wellies or walking boots strongly recommended.
- Hard-surface and parkland paths with some mud and puddles.
- The trail will run from Saturday 4 December, finishing on Monday 3 January. You can participate from 10am each day, when Hatchlands Park opens. The last trails will be sold at 3pm, allowing visitors to complete the trail before the site closes at 4pm. The price of each trail is £2. You do not need to pre-book for this event.