Timed entry to Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve (3 August - 9 August)
Book your timed entry to visit Wicken Fen National Nature Reserve.
- Booking essential
To open safely, we’re limiting visitor numbers and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Sadly, if you don't book, you’ll be turned away, even if you're a member.
Please arrive within your 30-minute timeslot. You’re then welcome to stay until closing time.
Open for your visit this week: Sedge Fen is now open with a new route in place for pre-booked visitors. Car park, toilets, trails on the wider nature reserve and Docky Hut cafe are open with no booking required.
Currently closed: Visitor centre, cycle hire, boardwalk and bird hides.
Visitors are asked not to bring dogs onto the Sedge Fen (pre-booking only). We welcome dogs on leads on wider trails (no booking required).
Event ticket prices
Adult £5.00Non-member adult (aged 18+)
Child £2.50Non-member child (aged 5-17)
- Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £7.50
- National Trust member (adult or child aged 5+) £0.00
- Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £12.50
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Meeting point
- Please check the guidance found at the property. You will need your ticket to gain access and arrive within your selected 30 minute window to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors.
- The new temporary route on the Sedge Fen is not suitable for buggies, mobility scooters or wheelchairs as the boardwalk is not open. The accessible route for visitors will continue to be the rolled gravel path towards Adventurer's Fen (booking is not required for this). Mobility parking in main car park. Accessible toilet in the car park. Full access statement available on website.
- • Please book 1 ticket per person. Children under 5 don't need a ticket. • Please arrive within your timeslot. If you're more than 10 minutes late, we can’t guarantee entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the property staff based on visitor numbers. • Please have your ticket ready to show staff and members please bring your membership card. • We've introduced new safety measures so please follow any signs or guidance from staff. • Campervans are not permitted to stay overnight and we're unable to welcome caravans and coaches. • Please follow social distancing and government guidance. • Some cafés and shops may be closed or offering a limited range. Check the property website for details. • Tickets are for your use only and cannot be resold. • Members park free but non-members will need to pay where there are pay machines. • In line with government guidance you’re required to wear a face covering in our shops, cafés and food outlets in England. Please bring one with you.